Criteria for Applicants to Enroll in MAVNI:
- The applicants must belong to one of the category of non-immigrants listed by the U.S military. The applicant should be one of the listed category for non-immigrants which includes (E, F, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, TC, TD, TN, U or V) or the applicant should be an approved Asylee, or a Refugee, or in Temporary Protected Status (TPS) or should be a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- Applicants should have stayed legally in the United States for a minimum period of 2 years and during this time, the applicant should not be out of the country for a continuous period of more than 90 days. The DACAs need not satisfy the criteria which states the applicant must reside for continuous 2 years, they are excluded from this just one condition, whereas other criteria still apply to the DACAs.
- The Applicant must be in the age range between 17 and 34 years of age.
- Education is one another important criteria set by the MAVNI program. The applicants should satisfy the minimum education requirement such as they should have completed High School diploma. Even High School seniors are qualified in the education front to apply for the MAVNI program.
- For a job profile in Army, skill is an important and essential factor. To qualify for the MAVNI program the individual should pass the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) with a minimum score of 50.
- The MAVNI program is specifically conducted to find skills in certain languages. Hence the applicants must pass the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) which is conducted in their native language where the minimum rating of 2 is mandatory to qualify in the program.
Any change that happen to the criteria or to the MAVNI program, will be communicated to the people through MAVNI update.