There are so many best protein powder that it is difficult and tricky to select which will be apt for you. Now if you are a woman and you are looking to lose weight then the best protein powders would be those that can be closer to pure protein – as much as possible. That makes it more confusing doesn’t it? What do you go with – Casein, whey, egg, soy, hemp, rice, pea or totally something else? Well, you actually need a protein powder which measures up to the following –
Criteria for best protein powder –
- It is low in fats and carbohydrates and high in protein. So that means a decent macro nutrient outline.
- There are very little artificial ingredients; the lesser the better.
- Everyone needs their intake to be reasonably tasty to say the least.
- It needs to mix well, not be lumpy or gooey.
- The most important point of all; it needs to fit within one’s budget.
Come to think of it, probably no protein powder can be explicitly called as the best protein powder for weight loss. But it is optimum to have something with the least amount of fat and carbohydrate in it. It has also been seen that whey proteins are especially great to have after a workout. If you are looking at general supplementation then casein, whey or egg are good. Egg and casein are probably better as far as long term muscle gaining is concerned. Egg and casein are usually digested slowly. Hence they are a better choice to be had before going to bed. Soy protein might not be such a great idea. If you are looking at plant based proteins, then a mix of pea and rice protein would be excellent.
Generally it has been seen that women seem to prefer whey proteins after workouts and for supplementation egg proteins work well, though some find it a little on the pricey side. All it takes is a little safe experimentation.